If you are arrested,
● Remain silent and calm
● Try and remember the officer’s badge number, name, and vehicle number
● If and when you are questioned, make sure your attorney is present
● Take photographs of any injuries you have, then get medical attention
● Get contact information and statements from any witnesses
● Request the presence of your lawyer for any lineups, testings, etc.
● Know the charges made against you
● Do not resist arrest or attempt to escape
● Do not speak of the incident with anyone but your lawyer
● Do not let the police search your home without a warrant
You will be booked after you are arrested. After that, you will attend a bail hearing. If you are eligible for bail, you or someone on your behalf needs to contact San Bernardino Bail Bond Store at 866-736-6977 . A bail bond will get you out of jail faster because it is cheaper and easier to sort out than paying bail to the court directly.